The Avizo software suite is a powerful, multifaceted tool that can be used within the facility for visualizing, manipulating, and understanding 3D data sets collected during X-ray tomography. Avizo provides tools for visualizing data sets and for advanced qualitative and quantitative analysis.
Using Avizo users can use a range of automatic and manual filtering and thresholding techniques to identify, separate and label the different phases or features present in a sample, however complex they are. Avizo Fire can be used to perform quantitative analysis on all visualised data. The package has numerous built in quantification tools (area, volume, perimeter, aspect ratio etc.) which can be displayed graphically within Avizo, and exported for further manipulation in other software packages.
All MXIF users will be given guidance and support with using Azizo to analyse their data.
Avizo is a versatile and flexible application framework providing powerful 3D visualization capabilities that help you more efficiently understand the meaning of scientific data. For researchers and scientists, Avizo delivers advanced visualization techniques that allow you to gain detailed insight into your 3D data.
Visualize to understand scientific data:
- Data import from CT-scans, micro-tomography, PET, MRI, FIB, SEM, and microscopy
- Import 2D, 3D & 4D (time series) images and data
- 3D image manipulation is possible through a variety of digital filters, editors, and data processing modules.
- Scaling, calibration, conversion, re-sampling of images
- Image enhancement and filtering
- Image alignment , registration, correlation, fusion
- Simplification & smoothing
- Visualize volumes and 3D geometries.
Manipulate and simulate:
- Thresholding and auto-segmentation, object separation, automatic labelling
- Region growing, snakes, interpolation, wrapping, smoothing
- Morphological processing including watershed, basins
- 3D surface reconstruction and tetrahedral grid generation
- Scalar & vector visualization: fast display of grids, isosurfaces, re-slicing , flow visualization, stream surfaces, illuminated field lines
- Tensor visualization
- Volume rendering: Intuitive visualization of 3D image data, Interactive speed (2D/3D texture rendering, pixel shaders), Embedded geometry,Handles very large volumes up to hundreds of gigabytes.
- Isosurface extraction: Fast extraction of surfaces identified by a given threshold.
- Visualisation of surface and volume meshes, grids
- Advanced surface simplifier and advanced surface editor (geometry data readers)
- 3D surface reconstruction through segmentation, and volume meshing
- Over 70 built-in measurements, including number counts, volumes, areas, perimeters, aspect ratios, and orientations
- Automatic individual feature measurements, statistics, distributions graphs
- Feature filtering using any measurement criterion
- Geometry registration, measurements and comparison